Updated: Sep 15
Wedding Flowers Brighton.
Sometimes wedding clients ask to include certain flowers for specific reasons, one Bride wanted rosemary as her Grandma said it was good luck, another Lavender for good fortune and often some blue.
I tend to choose flowers for their colour, seasonality and most importantly sculptural shape, but honestly never for their meaning (as i'm pretty sure it can be quite subjective). But hey, everyday is a school day, so I thought i'd strap on my school backpack and delve a bit deeper into some flower meaning research.
Here's what I found.
Interpretations differ wildly among individuals and cultures, but certain flowers have traditionally been associated with specific sentiments and emotions. Here are some common flower meanings:
- Red roses: Love, passion, and romance.
- Pink roses: Admiration, gratitude, and sweetness.
- White roses: Purity, innocence, and new beginnings.
- Yellow roses: Friendship, joy, and happiness.
- Orange roses: Enthusiasm and fascination.
- White lilies: Purity, virtue, and rebirth.
- Calla lilies: Elegance and sophistication.
- Peruvian lilies (Alstroemeria): Friendship and devotion.
But also grief and death as lilies are often used in funeral flowers.
- Red tulips: True love and perfect love.
- Yellow tulips: Cheerfulness and sunshine.
- White tulips: Forgiveness and purity.
- White daisies: Innocence and purity.
- Gerberas: Cheerfulness and playfulness.
- Adoration, loyalty, and longevity.
- Elegance, beauty, and refinement.
- Faith, hope, and wisdom.
- Pink carnations: Mother's love and gratitude.
- White carnations: Pure love and good luck.
- Red carnations: Love and admiration.
- Commonly associated with respect and honor.
Again often featuring in funeral work.
- New beginnings and rebirth.
- Gratitude, understanding, and heartfelt emotions.
- Grace, calmness, and femininity.
Wedding flowers Brighton.
If you're looking for a wedding florist in Brighton or Sussex then get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you in 24 hours.